I know, I know, I know… my birthday was in September. Forgive me that I’m just now getting caught up. Thanks to my wonderful hubby and my fantastic friends, it was an awesome weekend that I will never forget. Somehow or another, Brett had managed to keep details a secret but for the week leading up to everything, he would email me hints with what to expect (be ready for an adventure, etc). Then on Friday night he spilled the beans letting me know we were going to do an adventure high-ropes course, followed by river tubing, and camping!!! On Saturday morning, we left to head up to Harpers Ferry in West Virginia to begin our adventure. I wasn’t quite sure who was coming along on this trip with us – and one by one people showed up. We had quite a group between me, Brett, Dave, Nomes, Darcy, Brian, Amber, Becky, Jacob, Lauren, Adele, Murr, Cara, Allison, Amy, and Devon. Such a fun group and I was so happy that everyone could join!!!
The ropes course was SOOOO much fun! There were a bunch of courses, 3 easy ones, 1 intermediate, and 1 black. It was shocking how hard some of the courses were and how much upper body strength they required. There was one section called the “floating logs” that was so hard. I literally could not even stand up for a minute or two after I finished that section! It was funny watching shorties like Nomes and Amber doing the sections that made for taller people and it was really funny watching Becky and Allison do the courses since they were both a little afraid of heights. All in all, the adventure course was a TON of fun and I would love to do it again. Who’s in!?!!?
After the adventure course we went to the campsite to set up tents and such and get ready to go river tubing. We really lucked out and had a really nice day (no rain and a decent amount of sunshine). We pitched our tents and packed up coolers to hit the river. The river float was so much fun! It was so funny how the women split off from the men and we each had our own little group float.
After tubing, we hopped on the bus and went back to the campsite. We grilled up some yummy food, drank some yummy drinks, made some smores, played catch phase, had tequila shots, and hung out around the campfire talking and reminiscing. It was such an AWESOME weekend and I am so thankful to have such an amazing group of friends and family! Thank you so much to those that helped me ring in my 30s!!! And I really love my UGG slippers – I wear them every day!
Here’s some pictures (courtesy of Darcy) from the weekend.














No comments:
Post a Comment