Friday, February 22, 2013

Christmas

Playing some catch up here.  It's been busy and I finally got some time during vacation to update the ole website.  Enough with the excuses, let's get some updates.

Jane was given a gift certificate to The Picture People when Will was born.  After hanging on to the gift certificate for over a year, we decided to use it to get Christmas photos taken.

The Picture People were pretty good and we were lucky enough to get an early slot when Will was in a decent mood.  Will didn't particularly love the flashes from the camera, but I think we got some pretty decent photos.  We used them in our Christmas card (our first ever family photo Christmas card).  Here are some of my favorites from the session.












Leading up to Christmas, things were really crazy, busy and hectic at work.  I ended up completely wearning myself out and ended up catching the flu.  It was my first time with the flu in many many many years (this was my first year getting a flu shot too - go figure).  I missed out on a few days of work.  And unfortunately, I was sick the whole time I was with family over Christmas.  Thankfully, we were at my parent's house for most of Christmas and they were able to help Brett take care of Will while I was spending my entire days and nights in the basement on my deathbed.  Ok ok ok, 'deathbed' is a little dramatic, but I was definatly down for the count.

On actual Christmas day, I managed to muster up some adrenaline and spent time opening presents with the family.  As always, Christmas was a little over the top.  We got some really great gifts - I got some shelving units/room dividers from Mom, Dad, Mike & Adrienne.  Some pretty serving bowls from Dave & Nomes, and Dad said he would help with our closet space optimization project (that's a whole separate post tho).

Here's hoping that next Christmas will be sickness free!

No comments:

Post a Comment