When the first big snowstorm hit in early February 2010 our neighborhood didn't see a plow. Luckily the Vienna Ropers were equipped with Sweetness aka F150 and a tough little Subaru Forester. The truck has the 4x4 and clearance and Subaru has all wheel drive with an amazing grip on the road...real tough to do doughnuts (don't tell Laura).
Then the commutageddon storm hit at the end of February 2010. The county did send a plow to the neighborhood...6 days after the storm hit. We had our annual homeowners meeting in October 2010 complete with a rep from the County/VDOT. Pissed would be an understatement from the homeowners and county residents. Especially when the Town of Vienna was cleared in less than 3 days.
Fast forward to July 2012 and I arrive home to signs posted in everyone's yard, No Parking 7/26-8/2. On Friday the 27th I came home to this:
Then on Wednesday the 1st, we came home to fresh asphalt:
The road wasnt awful before but definitely had its cracks and patch jobs. Either our community was next in line or the VDOT guy moved us up on the list. No complaints here! Thank you Fairfax County!


I haven't been this excited about anything in the neighborhood since Will was born.....that was still better! I do love our new street though! Hopefully it will take a few years before grass starts growing up through the cracks in the asphalt that need to be weeded!
ReplyDelete