Time for a good old fashioned rant. The top 5 things that irk me at this moment:
5. Toilet Paper Origami. There are a lot of things that I am going to have to get used to in this new job. New commute, new coworkers, new processes, new systems, and new habits. But the one thing that I'm having the hardest time adjusting to is the new cleaning staff. Don't get me wrong - I think the cleaning staff does a great job keeping everything clean, stocked and tidy. But my biggest qualm is the toilet paper. I'm not quite sure why folding the corners of the toilet paper in to a point is necessary in a communal restroom. Why is toilet paper origami the embodiment of cleanliness? Am I the only one that is grossed out by the thought of using toilet paper that has been man handled by someone else? I feel like I am being wasteful when I tear that part off and throw it away.
4. Smoking. A perennial favorite for a rant. I think smoking is disgusting. It could kill you, it can harm the people around you, it smells gross, it is expensive, it stains teeth, it promotes littering... just to name a few. I don't understand why people do it. I'm also annoyed that smokers get a 'built in breaks' from work while the non-smokers work diligently. It's not cool. Eww, yuck, vom. The end.
3. New-fangled Razors. Five blades and built in shave gel - overkill much? Seriously - how am I supposed to get at the hair in the nooks and crannies of my armpit when I'm shaving with something the size of a lawn mower? Come on Gillette, can we scale these things back down?
2. Medical Insurance Plans. I don't think I will ever understand the difference between a deductible and an out-of-pocket maximum. I also don't think I will ever read through the 400+ page document describing the coverages. Someone please explain this: I found a doctor through the insurance website and made an appointment. The doctor held the appointment at the Inova Outpatient Office. So instead of being billed as a 'Doctor's Visit' (which only requires a $20 copay) the visit was billed as an outpatient service (which is only covered 60% by insurance) and left me with a $300+ bill to pay. Seriously - robbery at its finest.
No comments:
Post a Comment