We had another Woody seizure scare yesterday. It was about 8pm on Friday and we were in chill out mode. Brett, Will and I were hanging out on the couch and Woody was laying in front of the sliding glass door surveying the backyard when a seizure hit. This is the third seizure he has had at home and four in total in the past year (the last one he had in April happened while he was at doggy daycare).
Each time he has one, it is so scary and frightening to watch. And with each new seizure we learn more about what we should do and not do. This time, we reacted immediately. I grabbed Will and put him upstairs in his crib out of harms way. I took note of the time and came back downstairs to keep an eye on Woody at a safe distance.
In preparation of him coming out of the seizure, we opened the door to the backyard since that is the area where he would probably do the least amount of damage to himself. I was in the process of creating a chute of barriers to guide him to the outside, when he started to come out of the seizure. He was disoriented and only partially in control of his body and mind. Before I could get the barriers set up, he clambered his way across the room barreling through the swing, jumparoo, recliner, etc. That is the worst part - because he is only partially in control of his body so he is scared and in defense-mode and snaps and bites at things. Finally, he wedged himself behind the end table until he got full control of his body.
At that point, he sort of looks tipsy and was ready to go outside. It's actually kind of cute, just like his mom when she has had one too many glasses of wine, stumbling through the house with a silly grin on his face. In fact, he wanted to play and was rambunctious and almost giddy. The whole thing lasted a little over two minutes, but it felt like an eternity.
Brett and I are both nervous because he is on a high dose of anti-seizure medicines and the number of days between each seizure seems to be decreasing. He has been through an array of tests, but nothing abnormal besides the seizures. Our poor little bear.
OMG poor thing...I don't even know what to say since they have n idea what is causing that :(
ReplyDelete