Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Foray in Food Fabrication

I'm getting excited for this weekend. There is lots to look forward to: parents are coming to visit, bringing Will to meet Vanessa and her new baby (aka Will's future girlfriend) at a jewelry party, patio demolition begins, wine riot to celebrate Lauren's birthday, seeing cousins Mike, Wendy, Johnny, and Lena and the other Roper clan on Sunday at the brain rumor 5k, but one of the things I am most excited about is our first trial of food with Will. 

We got the green light from the doctors, so I'm using this weekend to see how it goes.  This evening I broke out the baby food maker that I have been itching to use and tried my hand in kid cuisine. These baby food makers sure do make things quite easy. The one I have steams and purees in the same unit. 

I opted for sweet potatoes to try first.



Just peel and dice and into the machine. After about 25 minutes, the blender kicks on automatically, and presto, homemade baby food!


I have silicone freezing trays so I can freeze, store, and reheat small portions. If baby Will doesn't want to ear it, I sure will!  So that is my first foray into food fabrication.

No comments:

Post a Comment