Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

This was my first official Mother's Day as a mother.  I sort of got to celebrate Mother's Day last year when I was pregnant and I was a quasi-mom.  But this year was totally different.  Brett and Will had a card ready for me when Brett woke up.  Will gave me a card and inside was a silver charm of a little boy's profile inscribed with "William 10-16-2011".  How sweet (thanks Jane and Margaret for steering Brett in the right direction)!  The necklace fit perfectly and I put it on immediately.

Brett gave me an IOU for a potted plant shelving/rack thing so that I can plant spices in pots and leave them to grow outside on the new patio.  Both presents are perfect - at this point it is only 8am and I'm already feeling very special.

I got to spend time with some of my favorite mother's at Darcy's Bridle Shower.  My mom and Nomin were both invited to the shower so we got to socialize, eat and drink at our leisure for the afternoon.  The kids were left in the hands of the boys where they were being cared for at my brother Dave's house.  After the shower was over, we met up with the guys where Dave, Brett and my dad were making us a Mother's Day feast.

For the first course, the guys made us bacon wrapped scallops (yum!).  The second course was salad.  The main course was corn on the cob, asparagus, rib-eye steaks, and potato/onion pouches.  For dessert we had red velvet cake.  I must say the boys did an excellent job preparing, cooking and cleaning for our feast.

What a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment